In Management in 10 Words, CD&R Senior Advisor Terry Leahy draws on his fourteen years as CEO of Tesco to pinpoint the ten vital attributes that make successful managers and underlie great organisations. He tackles the challenges that every manager faces, in a series of insights that are personal, provocative, and down to earth. And he explains:
- Why initial failure often leads to ultimate success.
- Why profits stem from a company's values, not its day-to-day business.
- Why competition should always be welcomed.
- Why simplicity leads to innovation.
- Why trust is the bedrock of effective leadership.
This book can be purchased from the Random House online bookstore. Follow this link to the order form.